Department of Computer Engineering
- To impart quality education and to Grow into a Center of Excellence in the field of Computer Engineering.
- To provide excellent academic courses,services,facilities and technologies,that offers diverse opportunities for learning and research.
- To provide a vibrant learning environment.
- To foster and maintain mutually beneficial partnerships with industry and alumni.
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering was established in 1997.The department has 16 well qualified faculty members.
Over the years the department has developed to become a centre of excellence providing in-depth technical knowledge and opportunities for innovation and research with well-equipped computer facilities and dedicated faculty. The department of Computer engineering is actively engaged in research on a broad range of topics like Robotics, Multimedia, Human computers etc. Many of our faculty are involved in conducting classes for inter disciplinary courses such as M.E(Information Technology).
The Department provides extensive computing resources for research and education. The laboratories offer the latest hardware and software. This includes more than 200 high-performance computers. The department maintains specialized servers for Database clients & Linux based workstations including File access servers. Our departmental library has its own collection of technical books, journals, text magazines and CDs for the quick reference of staff and students.
To impart quality education and to Grow into a Center of Excellence in the field of Computer Engineering.
To provide excellent academic courses, services, facilities, and technologies, that offers diverse opportunities for learning and research.
To provide a vibrant learning environment.
To foster and maintain mutually beneficial partnerships with industry and alumni.
To provide students with interdisciplinary skills necessary to formulate, analyze, and solve engineering challenges.
To prepare students to be ready for Industry/Research & Development/Academic profession so as to meet changing needs.
To equip students with necessary skills for providing innovative solutions to real life problems.
To inculcate in students; professional and ethical attitudes, communication and technical writing, team working attitude and an ability for relating engineering issues to social context.
To imbibe lifelong learning skills, managerial, leadership skills, and entrepreneurial ability in students.
PSO1: Ability to design and develop software and products that meet desired specifications and requirements.
PSO2: Ability to analyze, design and develop efficient computing solutions to various real life, scientific and business problems.
At the end of this programme the student will have:
- PO1:Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO2:Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO3:Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO4:Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5:Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6:The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO7:Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO8:Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO9:Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10:Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11:Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12:Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.