Library Rules and Regulations
- Every reader entering the library should deposit his or her belonging at the property counter.
- Nobody will be allowed to enter the library with over coats, Jackets and boiler-suits and files, folders and personal books.
- Every reader shall present his/her identity card on demand by the library staff.
- Loud talking conversations, etc are strictly prohibited in the library.
- Silence and discipline are to be strictly maintained in the library
- Students are allowed to borrow 3 books at a time i.e. one book per card.
- While borrowing a book from the library the card holder should sign on book card. Library cards are NOT transferrable.
- Students have to renew their library cards every year.
- Detained students will not be issued any books.
- An amount of Rs. 20/- per card will be charged for a new library card and Rs.50/- for a duplicate card.
- Issued books cannot be returned on the same day.
- Any book will not be renewed more than twice.
- Books and other reading materials borrowed by any reader may be recalled by the librarian any time and should be returned within 24 hours or as indicated.
Book Circulation Rules
- Issue System: Books will be issued on presentation of the library card. Students are instructed to check the books while borrowing and they will be responsible for any type of damage or mutilation noticed at the time of return.
- Overdue Charges: For students books borrowing period is of 10 days. After the due date for returning a book, a fine of Re. 1/- per day will be charged for first ten days. From the eleventh day onwards the fine levied will be Rs. 5/- per day.
- Book Lost: Borrowers will be held responsible for materials out on loan. If the material is lost, an immediate report should be made to the Librarian to enable appropriate action to be taken. A borrower is allowed to either replace the book lost/damaged by purchasing it himself or paying double the cost of book and overdue of the book, if any.
- Loss of cards: Loss of borrower card should be reported to the librarian in writing. After checking the borrowing register they will be issued a duplicate card on a payment of Rs.50/- per card.
- Validity of cards: Library borrower cards are valid for the respective academic year only. Students have to summit their all borrower’s cards to the library for renewal every year.
- No due Certificate: Each student shall obtain No dues certificate from the library after returning all the books issued, surrendering the borrower’s cards and after paying outstanding dues, if any.
- Care of Library Books: Students are require to handle the books/ Journal very carefully; marking with pencil , writing or highlighting , tearing the pages or mutilating the same in any other way will be viewed very seriously. In such case reader shall be held responsible unless these are brought to the notice of the library staff at the time of issue.