AICTE Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme
AICTE Tuition Fee Waiver (TFW) Scheme
Government has approved AICTE Scheme on tuition fee waiver in technical institutes.
- As per the provisions of the scheme, the institution shall admit upto a maximum of 5% of its sanctioned intake in the same discipline, as Supernumerary Seats. Admissions are to be done based on the same merit list as that used for sanctioned intake
- Waiver is limited to approved tuition fee only and all other fees are to be paid by the beneficiaries.
- The seats shall be supernumerary and shall not be transferred to other category of applicants.
- Please note that TFW seats will be allotted at DTE only, during the admission rounds.
- Candidates whose parents annual income from all sources does not exceed Rs. 8,00,000/- shall be considered eligible for availing admission under the scheme. All eligible candidates from General Category Merit List shall be considered eligible for availing seats under TFW Scheme, provided they submit an Income Certificate in specified format together with their application “Form A” (given in GCET prospectus) stating that annual total income of their parents from all sources is less than Rs. 8,00,000/- for the previous financial year.
- Candidates who fail to produce original Income Certificate during admission rounds shall not be considered for seats under AICTE TFW Scheme. Tuition fee waiver shall be granted for the duration of the course, and once a student is given tuition fee waiver, same shall be continued for the normal course duration i.e. four years.
Note: All information related to admissions under Tuition Fee Waiver (TFW) will be updated on the DTE website from time to time. For further information and updates please refer to www.dte.goa.gov.in